150 DANIEL STREET, PORTSMOUTH, NH
The cultural and historical hub of the Seacoast, Portsmouth is one hour from Boston, Portland, Maine, and Manchester, NH.
The Warner House is the last mansion surviving on Daniel Street, once the most fashionable address for 18th-century Portsmouth elites. Like many streets in downtown Portsmouth, Daniel is only one-way traffic, and navigating the series of one-way streets can be difficult. Parking for the Warner House is on-street metered parking. We suggest parking in the High-Hanover Parking Garage, 34 Hanover St., and walking to the Warner House, a five minute stroll from Market Square. This makes sense especially if you plan on spending the day exploring Portsmouth and don't want the hassle of feeding the meter. The following directions will bring you to the parking garage. For directions directly to the Warner House, click here.
FROM INTERSTATE 95:
- Take EXIT 7 for MARKET ST. toward PORTSMOUTH/DOWNTOWN. If you are travelling from the north, take a left at the off ramp. If you are travelling from the south, take a right at the off ramp.
- Travel on Market Street through two traffic lights and MERGE into the left lane as you approach downtown Portsmouth.
- Take RIGHT at intersection of Market and Hanover streets. High-Hanover Parking Garage will be on your left.
FROM SPAULDING TURNPIKE:
- At Portsmouth Traffic Circle, take the 3rd exit for US-1 BYPASS NORTH.
- Continue on US-1Bypass North to MAPLEWOOD AVE. exit.
- Take RIGHT onto Maplewood Ave. You will pass over the North Mill Pond Bridge and into downtown Portsmouth.
- Take LEFT at second traffic light at the intersection of Maplewood Ave. and Hanover St. The High-Hanover Parking Garage will be on your right.